Tuesday, November 24, 2009

And, A Great Deal of Childishness

Motherhood has given me so much ... so much more than perhaps I have given it. From supreme joy, uneasy humility, to vicious love that feels just as much like a beastly hunger, as it does an enormous meal. Also, to pain darker than human intellect can comprehend. A pain that reminded me I was alive, all those times, in the wake of my 10 year old son's untimely death, when I wished to die. During those times, when words eluded me, when I could not adequately express myself ~ creativity rescued me. Healing demands that we be who we are ... it demands a certain amount of acceptance, and a great deal of childishness.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

| Blog Template by http://www.bloggercandy.com/ | Header Image by Arpi |