Friday, May 28, 2010

Golden Moments


Do not dwell in the past, 
do not dream of the future, 
concentrate your mind 
on the present moment.


When I reflect on it, I can barely believe that I've just past the midway point in my 8 weeks of mindfulness living course. Where, I wonder, does the time go? Well, anyway, my learning curve has risen since the start of this course. Meditation and mindfulness provide a conduit to my inner self. Breathing, a simple act, yet so complex, can carry me further than I ever imagined. For me, breathing into the pain no longer sounds like some kooky new age thing. Awareness has shown me how unaware we really have become. Even before this course, a camera had shown me all that existed outside of my awareness. A simple and small act ~ awareness ~ renders life-altering changes in anyone who practises mindfulness. What do I need for my meditative and mindfulness practise? An attitude of non-judgement. Acceptance. Patience. Detachment.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

| Blog Template by http://www.bloggercandy.com/ | Header Image by Arpi |