Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#Reverb ~ December 22nd

Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt)

This year I travelled to places of despair that know no hope. I travelled to darkness, the kind that seems almost impenetrable to light. I travelled to ugliness, deception and selfishness, guided by my tour guides crack cocaine and marijuana. I travelled to abandonment ~ of my Self, my family, my marriage, and especially of my morality and decency. I travelled to dirtiness and harmfulnes, places inhabited by alleys that smell like outhouses, and by shattered glass pipes, stuffed with brillo. I have travelled to the end of the line, where homelessness looms, where giving up all of my possessions felt like quite a light sentence, when compared to giving up my life to the formidable fiend, addiction.

And then, and then I travelled into the light. And that's a journey I intend to continue.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

| Blog Template by http://www.bloggercandy.com/ | Header Image by Arpi |