Saturday, December 18, 2010

#Reverb10 ~ December 18th

Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

I tried, in several lame, half-hearted attempts, to quit doing drugs. To no avail. The Big Book even says, "Half measures availed us nothing." In fact, the only reason I did take the ultimate step of entering into a recovery house is because I left myself no choice, having spent the entire rent money on drugs. Would I have tried, seriously tried, otherwise? Ptosh! Of course not. And so, I will continue to try on sobriety in 2011, because it looks quite good on me.

 image credit: Lisa Kettell

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

| Blog Template by http://www.bloggercandy.com/ | Header Image by Arpi |