Sunday, December 05, 2010

#Reverb10 ~ December 1st thru 5th

#reverb10

December 1- One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you re choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?(Author: Gwen Bell)

Torrential. My personal life has experienced a torrent of brokenness, and the healing change. During the first half of the year the addiction beast swallowed me whole. Friends, family, marriage, fidelity ~ this beast ravaged all of the above. Painfully so. Now, fast forward to one year from today? Who can see that far into the future. All I can write about is my heart's wish for torrential love and grace in my life and marriage.

December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)

I have this horrid tendency to procrastinate. Also, I listen too much to the critic inside my mind. She's a mean bitch, that critic. She loves to sabotage the muse which fuels my desire and craving to write. Until a few months ago, my savage addiction sucked every last bit of energy and intellect I could have, would have, dedicated to writing. Recovery means freedom. Every day. And that means I must write. No matter how small.

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

Labour Day long weekend. Alice Lake, near Squamish, BC. A campout with the Gospel Riders. The forest. Untouched. Crisp, fresh air. A camp fire. Sunshine. Food ~ lots of good good.Horses and dogs, and people. And God, I felt him in that place. I'm not really one for camping ~ I like the modern comforts of home a little too much. But, ahhhh, this trip felt different. That chap known as the Holy Spirit descended up me. How do I know? Goosebumps, the type that make your skin tingle. And that tidal wave of ecstacy that manifests itself in the form of tears. I cannot recall a time when I felt so much joy. Really.

December 4 - Wonder. How did you cultivate a seense of wonder this year? (Author: Jeffery Davis)

Thru the lens of my Nikon camera, that's how. A camera has taught me how to see without it ~ how to see the world, every tiny little nook and cranny, every seemingly insignificant wonder hidden in its bosom. From a spider's web, to raindrops suspended from a green branch, to the infinitessimal structure of a dew drop, sitting upon a blade of grass. What wonder, creation.

December 5 - Let go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

Drugs. My addiction to them. Also, a very abusive, and mind-fucking beloved. My life, as I knew it. All of my worldly possessions, save for about 100 things too sentimentally precious or necessary to abandon. Freedom, as I knew it ~ access to the internet, telephone, access to Vancouver, and to the outsie world. For 5 months in a row.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

| Blog Template by http://www.bloggercandy.com/ | Header Image by Arpi |