Tuesday, December 07, 2010

#Reverb10 ~ December 7th

Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?(Author: Cali Harris)

In July 2010 my addiction finally drove me into the community of Abbotsford, British Columbia. I had no idea, at the time, of Abbotsford's reputation as a recovery town. At first, I felt such apprehension at the notion of leaving Vancouver for Abbotsford, located 1 hour outside Vancouver. Everything familiar to me lived in Vancouver. I felt simultaneously relieved and fearful about leaving Vancouver for Abbotsford. I left myself no choice when I spent the rent money on weed. And so, I went to LIFE Recovery, not by choice, but by necessity. I had to go there. Like many addicts before me, I forced myself into a corner, a corner called recovery. By taking this first step, I entered into an entirely new community. The community of Life Recovery, the community of Christianity, the community of AA. I have moved out of the recovery house just recently. But I still consider myself part of the Life Recovery and Christianity communities. And I still attend AA meetings. For 2011, I think I would like to check out some NA meetings. I would also like to deepen my connections to the community of Abbotsford through some sort of volunteer work.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

| Blog Template by http://www.bloggercandy.com/ | Header Image by Arpi |