Wednesday, December 08, 2010

#Reverb10 ~ December 8th

Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.

I know of my uniqueness, and my unique imperfection. I know this makes me beautiful, in a way that's different from all other creatures on this planet. It blows my mind when I contemplate this ~ no one else has the precise DNA sequence that fuels me, that makes me me. Occasionally I fall into the self-centred pity trap and listen to the voices of the twisted committee inside my mind that tells me you're unworthy. Other parts of myself tell me that ain't so. So, let's see ~ I'll start with what people notice when they first see me. The hair, of course ~ how could anyone miss that? The spots (vitiligo) on my face ~ Martin collectively calls them my palomino spot, and says it's part of my beauty. Secretly, I find myself doubting that, sometimes. And now, I'm at a loss. What else makes me beautifully different? I'll refrain from listing my children here, since they exists for their own beauty and not mine. What else, then? My creativity? I suppose .... my writing, my photography, even my doodles?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

| Blog Template by http://www.bloggercandy.com/ | Header Image by Arpi |