Thursday, July 02, 2009

Boy Meets Girl

I hear your name whsipered on the wind
it's a sound that makes me cry.
I hear a song blow again and again
through my mind
and I don't know why.
I wish I didn't feel so strong about you ~
like happiness and love revolve around you.

Trying to catch your heart
is like trying to catch a star--*



I already have your heart. Only, I do not know what to do with it. Well, I do know what to do with it. Just, I feel its fear and frailty so acutely. It sees itself so much like that dying ember, passive to the elemental forces that shatter and scatter it into the universal expanse. I want to reach out and pull you to me*. Pieces of me believe that your being requires nothing less. Still, I can hear that cry, that tiny, quivering cry. And so, I keep restraint in my heart. I don't want to break you. In some ways, I think you've placed the ball in my court. This makes me so sure that the chemistry arcs I feel between us really exist. But I still hear that tiny cry. And so, we wait ... I wait. And I watch. And I learn.  And ... I want to know. Are we waiting for love, or is love waiting for us?


~ Tea Party blog has taken a sabbatical. I blog here now ... please follow this blog ~


* lyrics from the song Waiting for a Star to Fall, by George Merril/Sharon Rubican

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

| Blog Template by http://www.bloggercandy.com/ | Header Image by Arpi |